Monday 27 May 2013

Holidays & Award Winning Ice Cream


Well hasn't it been a nice holiday weekend, two sunny bank holidays in one month, practically unheard of!!! I hope you have had fun time too, I include my friends over the pond in this as I believe you also have had an extended weekend? Anyway, here's what I got up to along with some grainy iPhone snaps - standard!

My weekend began with a super fun night on Friday with my pal Hayley, we danced the night away, after cocktail hour, celebrating the opening of the Bath International Music Festival. We started by having some Mexican food and one or two long island ice teas and then went around the city looking for the array of free music events that were taking place. First of all we stumbled across a street display by Jamma de Samba, a Brazilian drumming group that dragged us in to dance to their beats. We were a little nervous at first as so many people were watching but we soon got taken away by the moment. Next we moved on to St. Michaels church and watched the Rock Choir perform, the church was so full   and understandably so as they were brilliant. We then headed to Milsom Place to have a beer and dance to the sounds of The Blues Others, a fun and funky Blues Brothers tribute. The evening was rounded off by the beautiful fireworks that went up around the city.


On Saturday it was celebration time again as we headed out for my friends hen night, it was a lovely evening with an Italian dinner and Champagne. The hen is a huge James Bond fan so we were all given a Bond girl persona for the evening and we shared stories and played games. My best girl stayed at mine and on Sunday we went to collect her babies from their grandparents, took them to a kids party and then spent a sunny afternoon at Saltford Marina, we had a Sunday roast in the sun, played with the kids in the park and watched the activity along the canal.

Finally today I went with mother A. to Lacock village for ice cream and a stroll. We made a stop at a garden centre first for tea (one of our favourite things to do!) and bought some pretty plants and a station clock for my studio. At Lacock we queued for ages to get our Marshfield ice cream cone, but oh my was it worth the wait! Mum had Honeycomb and I had blackcurrent in clotted cream, super delicious, best thing to end a fabulous holiday weekend.

What did you get up to? Did you have any delicious treats?    

*Ice cream photograph taken from the Marshfield Dairy website.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...