I have also done some baking today, whipping up a batch of chestnut and brandy jam and my first round of marzipan mince pies. I thought you might like the mince pie recipe for any easy last minute bakes this weekend...
220g plain flour
100g unsalted butter, cubed
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp cold water
• Preheat oven to 200*c/gas mark6
• Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter to create a rough sand texture.
• Sprinkle water in to the bowl and lightly work mixture into a ball.
• Wrap in cling wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
• Roll out to a thickness of approx. 3mm and cut out enough circles to fill your greased tray (usually 12).
Press the pastry discs into the tray.
• Roll the marzipan out thinly and place a small disc in each pastry cup. Spoon a teaspoon of mincemeat on top of the marzipan.
For the lids I cut star shapes from the rolled out pastry and placed them on top of the mincemeat.
• Finish with a milk wash and bake for 20 minutes, or till golden.