Friday 16 November 2012

Little Photo Shoot In Memory Lane

Most of you will be aware of the blog A Beautiful Mess and I'm sure like me you are often inspired to make and do by their wonderful posts and tutorials. Recently there was a beautiful post showing how to use old family photographs to decorate the back of a bookshelf. This got me looking out some of my family portraits, particularly the ones of my grandparents. I forgot how beautiful they are and when I saw them in front of me I decided on an impromptu little photo shoot.


By the way the fabric below is from Millie Moon in Frome and The Makery Emporium in Bath, not sure what it's going to be yet but I'm totally smitten with it!


I think I would like to put some of these old photographs in to a printed book, I did this with some of my uncle last year for my dad's Christmas present. Sadly my uncle Rich (one of my dad's 4 older brothers) passed away in 2011. Richard had been sent to the Malaysia conflict during his national service in the 1950's and had sent over 100 letters home, so along with some wonderful photographs he had taken over there I scanned and collated them in to a memory book for my dad. 
Here are a few of the photo's...








 

Hope you liked my trip down memory lane xx

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4259503/?claim=te3kfr4ctbs">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...